Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Home is Where You Make It

Being home, even just for a few days, has been lovely so far. Just watching the sunset from tstreet gives me the greatest joy. I feel so content there, it's like my second home. Although it doesn't feel the same without Cortni and Nicole and Cort's 4 runner. Tstreet was the meeting place where we would sit for hours every day after school, rain or shine. We would talk to friends and strangers that would come throughout the day, talk about our latest frustrations or love lives, or just sit in silence as we listened to Arctic Monkeys and sipped hot coco. I've missed this simple pleasure but it makes me happy that it will always be there when I come home and continue giving me the greatest nostalgic feeling. As I sat there and heard the train approaching, I automatically lifted my feet up like I always have and made a wish. I smiled as I noticed the action and realized I didn't even think about it before doing it. I've missed hearing the train from my house as I drift to sleep. I'm grateful for all of these small things that bring me joy and I love my little beach town to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment