Monday, November 30, 2015

Fate and Time on Different Paths

"The worst thing the universe can do is send the love of your life at the wrong time." I knew we were different and I knew it wouldn't last, but I still liked to think it could have happened. 
We had both just gotten out of long relationships and were scared to fall in love again. We needed some time to heal and become whole once more. And we were scared to let someone new into our little worlds all over again, just to risk another casualty. So we kissed and adventured and told ourselves that it was just fun and not to get attached. But we are the people who give all we've got. We're the lovers who get attached no matter how hard we try not to. And we are the ones who get our hearts broken the easiest.
To you,
Even though I know we'll never be, I am so grateful to have met you. You were the sunlight that came after darkness for me. Although you would have never known this, I met you during one of the lowest times in my life; and you gave me a new outlook on life. You have showed me another world. You reminded me that there are amazing people like you still out there. Passionate, respectful, humble, giving, and truly intriguing. Everything you do and everything you say is meaningful and interesting. You always tell me I'm so quiet but I just love to listen to you talk. And the greatest part is that you have no clue how amazing you are. I remember one night you said, "I hope i'm not too boring for you" and I could not believe you even said that. I always think that you'll get bored of me, because you're the complete opposite of boring. The way you speak of others, and become so passionate about things, and crave knowledge makes you so different than anyone I have ever known. You helped me realize what is important in life. Family, friends that will help you grow, and making good memories. We are different but I'd like to become more like you. You make me want to be a better person. You hugged me until all of my broken pieces fit back together and I am so grateful that I finally feel complete again. So even though we'll never be, I am grateful that the universe has brought your beautiful soul into my little world. Even if it is for just a short period of my life. But for now i'm going to grow from you and make memories with you for as long as it'll last. Don't ever forget how special you are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment